Sunday, October 19, 2014

Texas Forever

My husband just returned from a trip to Germany where he stayed with friends and distant relatives.  He asked me to make some thank you cards and I thought it would be fun to make cards with Texas themes.  The following two cards were made using the Deadbeat Designs "Texas Forever" stamp.  I have used this stamp to create Christmas ornaments and endless TX-themed cards.  The background for the card was created using SU Gorgeous Grunge.  That stamp set is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  For years I have attempted to get a "splattered" paint look on my cards using various methods.  This stamp set is the best.  The paper forming the base of the cards is from Authentique..6x6 bundle called Pride.

The first card was stamped using SU Night of Navy and an older SU color...Ballet Blue for the TX stamp.  The red splatters were stamped with SU Cherry Cobbler and to get a bit redder color for the star, I used another older SU color...Ruby Red.  Added for sparkle were two red embellishments.


The second TX card is very similar...using a different paper from the authentique bundle and some slightly different SU colors that went better with the paper color.  The red within the splatters as well as the star were using SU Ruby Red.  The blue is SU Ballet Blue.  The stars are sticker embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment