Saturday, March 7, 2015

Thank you for a Navy Servicemember

I recently retired from the Air Force and I needed to make lots of thanks you.  Some of my thank you cards were for Navy members.  I wanted to come up with a card that included blue and gold.  The only element of this card that I do not particularly like is the ribbon running through the open star.  The only option for this would have been to cut a white star the same size of the cut-out star to put behind it.  I may still do this.  Stampin Up (SU) Stripes and the Lucky Stars Textured embossing folders were used on the white paper.  The blue paper is Night of Navy as is the star created with the SU Star framelit.  The thank you is a non-SU stamp and I could not read the end of the stamp.  The ribbon from the SU Best Year Ever free accessories from the 2015 Sale-A-Brations catalog.  The small star was created with the SU small star punch and the glitter paper.  I hope my Navy colleague enjoys his card.

1 comment:

  1. I like the ribbon running behind the open star!!! Great job on the embossing (half). This is a clean and simple layout which I love!

    ReplyDelete